What Are We Doing?  

Wow...Mommy and Daddy aren't doing a very good job of keeping this thing current, are they? I guess that means I'm a handful and they're too exhausted to write after I go to bed (Daddy says - ABSOLUTELY!)

OK, so let's take some time and see what we can remember.

I am now 17 months old. I have figured out how to play Peek-A-Boo, I like to hug on the doggies, though Bailey isn't really fond of it. Cricket isn't either, but I can still catch her! I like to give kisses and I've figured out what my nose is, though I'm not always willing to show it when I'm asked. Same thing with my tummy. But my feet are another story. If you ask, I will show them to you, anytime, any place!

I know that when we come in from outside, we have to shut the door and take my shoes off. I can even stand up and hold each foot up for Mommy or Daddy to help take my shoes off.

I like to feed myself and REALLY like mandarin oranges. Mommy and Daddy are stunned because I didn't like fruit for so long when I first arrived. Now, I eat fruit all of the time! It's YUMMY!!!

I can reach onto the table in the dining room now ... when Mommy or Daddy put my milk up there, I can get it. Or anything else I want to grab! If it's near the edge, it is fair game! I'm about to get into a new size of clothes, too, so I must be growing big, tall, and strong!

It's a lot of fun for me to study how things work and figure out. I like to know what is going on when my toys move - especially when I know it's going to wiggle for me. New toys that I don't realize wiggle or that have movement that I don't have to initiate kind of make me jump.

I still go to the same daycare each day. My spot at the new one did not open up for this year, but the class sizes expand when kids get to be two years old, so Mommy and Daddy hope that next summer, I can move. It will be much more convenient for Daddy to take me to school, too, since his office has been relocated to much closer to the new daycare. That means the current daycare is kind of out of the way and takes a little longer in the mornings.

But I've been having a lot of fun at the current daycare lately too. We've been learning about letters and numbers plus we've been singing, coloring, and using glue! PLUS, (Daddy knocks on wood) I've been staying pretty healthy lately, too. We're a little nervous that the colder weather will bring more germs in, but I seem to be doing pretty good.

I haven't been to daycare at all this week since Mommy and Daddy have been on vacation from work. They went shopping a couple of days during the week and my great-grandma came to stay with me for one day and great-grandma and great-grandpa came another day. Mommy and Daddy ended up finding the toy for me they were looking for on the Internet and it should be here about the time Mommy has a birthday.

Oh yeah, Mommy has a birthday next week! Daddy and I have a surprise for her that we hope works out, plus she has ordered a new motorcycle helmet for herself which is part of the present.

Speaking of the motorcycle, Mommy has been riding it to work almost every day since she and Daddy went to a safety class in late August. They spent a lot of time on motorcycles and Mommy feels so much more comfortable. She's really happy on her bike and I'm looking forward to the day when I'm old enough to ride with her, but I think I'm going to stick to my wagon for now...I like taking rides in that and running in the grass, too!

We hope to see all of you that we haven't seen in a while very soon - hope this is a good update on what we are doing and I will do everything I can to get Mommy and Daddy into more of a routine in keeping you all up to date on what exciting new things I am discovering, as well as plenty of pictures!

This entry was posted on Saturday, September 26, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Grandma J  

Thank you for the update and ALL the pictures--tell Mommy and Daddy we really appreciate knowing what you are doing; but we also know Mommy and Daddy are very busy and want to give you lots of attention. That is their "job" right now--and we will just enjoy the stories and pictures when it is possible. Hope we can see all of you again very soon--miss you lots! You are not a baby any more--a cute little boy and you are learning more every day. We love you!