What is with this Obsession??!?  


Lately Cameron has been completely fixated on the metal floor vent in our living room. He will climb over hell and high water just so that he can beat his hands on the vent. I am not sure that it is very dangerous, as it doesn't get hot at all, but there is an extension cord and mini blind pulls over at that area, so I really don't want to take the chance that he may hurt himself. I have started putting an empty laundry basket wedged against the wall to keep him from getting all the way to the vent. He will actually crawl in the super low area UNDER his papasan swing to get to that vent. The Laundry basket works, but Daddy doesn't like that because he says it looks messy. Its a constant up and down day trying to keep my son the crawling critter out of trouble!

Another odd thing that he has started doing is crawling up to the wall, and banging his head into it, on purpose, repeatedly! Not hard enough to hurt I guess, but I wonder why he likes to do this. I can't wait until he can talk and explain to me why banging your head on a wall is entertainment, and what is so uber fascinating about a floor vent. Maybe he knows something that I don't??

This entry was posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments