Memorial Day  

This is an added treat kind of a day because it's a week-day, but Daddy is home too. It is Memorial Day so Daddy's office is closed along with most everything else except for some commerce and emergency services.

Mommy and Daddy told me today is about saying thank you to all of the brave men and women who have served or continue to serve in the military of the United States. They told me at least two of my great-grandfathers served in the active military. Plus, Daddy said there is a direct line to one of the Generals who was very prominent in the Battle at Gettysburg in the Civil War.

This is a very special day when we say many thanks to all of those who have volunteered or been drafted and protected the American way of life both at home and abroad. From all of us in "Cameron's World", we say THANK YOU to all who have served and are serving - as well as all of the families of service members who are impacted. Your sacrifice is not made in vain and we are grateful for the greatest all-volunteer force in the world!

As far as us today, it's pretty warm in the house and there is a chance of some bad weather later today. But we'll know about it now, since Daddy set up the Weather Alert Radio they have had for at least a year and a half (I didn't know time existed before I was born? Got to figure this out!). I have clean clothes to wear now and clean blankets, bibs, and burp cloths to get dirty.

I'm trying to figure out how to coordinate all of my arms and legs because I've got enough strength to stand, but not the balance and coordination. Mommy and Daddy think it will be several months yet before I can do that, but we shall see....

OOHH!! Snack time! Yummy! Bye bye!!!

This entry was posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments